Welcome to Grace Christian School’s Website. If you are family considering GCS for your child or children education, we welcome you to our website and look forward to meeting your family. For more information contact our admission office at email@example.com
GCS has over 270 students in Grades K-12 and an additional 200 students in the CDC Program. We offer learning support for students with mild learning differences and we have a quality program for International Students. To learn more about GCS Admissions click on the Admissions Tab. Non-Discrimination Policy — Grace Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, programs and athletic and other school administered programs.
The mission of Grace Christian Athletics is to provide an excellent sports program for our students that will help them develop their God-given abilities. We want our student athletes to honor and glorify God in all that they do (I Corinthians 10:31). Athletics is something that God allows us to do, not something that defines us. Our MS / HS is a member of the Mid – Carolina Conference and the NCISAA. For more information on GCS athletic programs click on the athletic tab.
News & Events
Stay up to date with the latest GCS news by checking our website daily.
Scholastic Book Fair — was a huge success on October 24-28. Because of the generosity of our parents and grandparents our goal of $4,000 was surpassed and the event raised $6,951 of which $3,573 will be available to advance our ES Program. You can still purchase books by clicking this link: Scholastic Book Fair Link for Grace Christian Sanford
The following are recent newsletters:
- Serving Others
- Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
- Lands' End
- Elementary School
- Upper School
- Calendar At a Glance
- Lunch Program
- Student and Athletic Handbooks
GCS Serving Others
Grace Christian School is committed to teaching our students how to serve others. The Senior Class of 2017 recently traveled to Charlotte, NC to serve at the Operation Christmas Child packing and distribution center. In addition to packing several thousand boxes for children around the world, this event also provided a great time of friendship building for the Senior Class. Each GCS High School student is required to serve 20 service hours each school year. We are proud of our students and their service to our communities.
GCS Patriotic Day
On Monday, November 7th GCS we celebrated the freedoms we enjoy in America by having our first annual “GCS Patriotic Day”. Our students, teachers and staff did an outstanding job in displaying “Red, White, and Blue”. There were competitions between the K-2, 3-5, MS, and HS classes and an All-School Assembly in the morning. Special thanks to Mrs. Crilly and Mr. Matthews who presented both the Republican and Democratic Platforms before MS and HS students voted in a mock election. During the morning assembly we also honored the Veterans of our country who have served courageously and thereby allow us to all enjoy the freedoms we do in America.
On Friday, November our Elementary School and also our Grade 6 students participated in our annual “Jump Rope for Heart”. The students were taught prior to the event about the need to exercise regularly and how eating healthy foods benefit each of us. Special thanks to Mrs. Jensen, our student aides, and also to our parent volunteers who made this day special for our students.
GCS Scholastic Book Fair — Thank you to each family who supported our Scholastic Book Fair. This year’s Scholastic Book Fair was held on October 24-28. Because of the generosity of our parents and grandparents $6,951 in sales will provide $3,573 for books and other classroom enhancements for our ES Program!
Come out to Torgerson Gymnasium for volleyball (fall) and basketball (winter). Our athletes have been working hard in the off seasons and have even traveled to college camps to sharpen their skills. We have middle school, JV and Varsity teams. Go Crusaders!
GCS has MS and Varsity Boys Soccer in the Fall and also MS and Varsity Girls Soccer in the Spring. Our girls team won the NACA Tournament last spring and also had a strong run in the state 1-A NCISAA Tournament. Our boys teams also had a strong run in the state tournament and won their first round game. Soccer has had a dominant reputation at Grace Christian in the past and we look forward to adding to that reputation this year.
GCS has a strong Cross Country team. This is newer sport for GCS and Cross Country has put us in the spotlight in recent years with our runners receiving NCISAA honors. This year Senior, Brennan Shapiro placed 7th in the state tournament.
GCS offers cheerleading as a winter sport. Cheerleading not only provides opportunities to cheer on the GCS Basketball Teams, but also build team opportunities for the young ladies on the team.
GCS has an excellent baseball program and offers Middle and Varsity opportunities for student athletics who love the game of baseball.
THE PURPOSE OF GRACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL PTF is to develop a positive and welcoming climate for all parents while assisting the administration in meeting its current needs through:
- Advancing the mission and vision of the school and contributing to a positive school culture.
- Facilitating communication between the parents, the Head of School, the administrative, staff, the faculty, and the School Board.
- Encouraging and supporting faculty, staff, and the administration to do their work effectively.
- Promoting academic, spiritual, and social development in our student body.
- Enhancing parental participation.
PTF Officers 2016-17
- President: Cathy Swindell
- Vice President: Donna Cox
- Secretary: Cheryl Clegg
To contact the PTF Officers please email them at PTF email
- Events coming soon!
Beginning November of 2016 we are transitioning to Lands’ End as our uniform supplier.
The Lands’ End link to order GCS Uniforms is:
- Lands’ End Website — To Order GCS Uniforms
- Our Preferred School Number is: 900180654
Lands End EMAIL Signup — It is VERY important that you sign up your email on the Lands’ End website to receive daily coupons that every family can use when purchasing the uniforms.
Here is the link where you can enter your email to begin receiving coupons:
- The attached PDF file has additional information to assess you in your Lands’ End Grace Christian School Uniform Ordering.
- Uniforms will ship directly to parent’s home with free shipping on orders of $50 or more.
- The fit guide is available on the Lands End website and is also provided in PDF form:
- This is the guide that most families (95%) use, but you can also go to a local Sears store to try on sample sizes and decide on what size best fits your child.
- Please note, if you purchase GCS Lands End Clothing at one of the Sears kiosk sites — you cannot use an online coupon for those purchases.
The Lower School at Grace serves Kindergarten through 5th grade. As Christian educators, our first responsibility is to present the Gospel clearly and to expose our students to a Biblical worldview.
- The curriculum is designed to provide a Biblically-centered, challenging program taught in an age-appropriate manner.
- Consideration is given to the development and nurture of the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- Academic standards are raised, but not met or demonstrated in exactly the same manner by all students.
- Grace Christian School also offers music, art, physical education, computer skills, and library usage.
Sixth through twelfth grades make up the GCS Upper School. The faculty of the Upper School strive to grow each student spiritually, socially, emotionally, and academically.
- The spiritual aspect, created through daily Bible classes, chapels,devotions, Bible studies, and the integration of biblical views by our teachers keeps the focus on Christ.
- The Upper School Curriculum is designed to challenge each student with the Core Courses (Bible, Math, English, History, and Science) and with the numerous electives we offer (Advanced PE, Art, Chorus, Drama, Creative Worship, Spanish, Yearbook/Journalism, and many more).
- Honors are offered and Advanced Placement will be offered again beginning with the 2016-17 school year.
- Faculty sponsored clubs, honor society, and an active student government provide opportunities for service and building relationships.
- An athletic program, seeking to honor Christ, creates the opportunity for a well-rounded student.
The Grace Cafe provides a full-service lunch program on-site for students in the CDC and GCS Programs. The menu is published the month before and students in the Elementary School submit their orders to their classroom teachers. Students in the Middle and High School purchase lunch items a la carte in the cafeteria. For the coming 2016-17 school year lunch orders will be submitted online via RenWeb software.
The following brochure provides information about the Grace Cafe and also about the lunch program for the 2016-17 school year.