Welcome to Grace Christian School’s Website. If you are a current family this website is designed to provide quality and timely information to you. If you are family considering GCS for your child or children education, we welcome you to our website and look forward to meeting your family. For more information contact our admission office at firstname.lastname@example.org
GCS has over 275 students in Grades K-12 and an additional 180 students in the CDC Program. We offer learning support for students with mild learning differences and we have a quality program for International Students. We currently have International Students from China, Vietnam, and South Korea. To learn more about GCS Admissions click on the Admissions Tab.
The purpose of GCS Athletics is to honor God both on and off the field of athletic competition. Our MS is a member of the Triangle Middle School Conference and the HS will be joining the Carolina Christian Conference beginning the 2016-17 school year. GCS is a member of the NCISAA. For more information on GCS athletic programs click on the athletic tab.
News & Events
Stay up to date with the latest GCS news by checking our website daily.
Family Workday — Click here for article and pictures: Family Workday
The following are recent newsletters:
- Serving Others
- Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
- Elementary School
- Upper School
- Calendar At a Glance
- Lunch Program
- Summer Reading and Supply Lists
GCS Serving Others
Grace Christian School is committed to teaching our students how to serve others. In addition to many service opportunities for the elementary students, the middle school is required to complete 10 service hours and the high school is required to complete 20 service hours each school year.
The picture above is a recent 9th and 10th grade service project to the Raleigh Food Bank. Students sorted over 5,000 lbs of potatoes to serve over 4,200 meals to the homeless.
We are proud of our students and their service to our communities.
Upper School Update
The GCS Quiz Bowl Team did outstanding with a second place finish in the Lee County Competition on January 30th. GCS Teacher and Coach Crilly was especially proud of our young team and the way that they handled the pressure of the competition.
From Mathematics to Literature, from Sports to Music, the Quiz Bowl competition left no category behind. Chase Erford and Colin Crilly co-captained the GCS Team this year. Members of the team also included Caleb Robinson, Megan Swindell, Mario Ji, Brennan Shapiro, Danny Lee, and Chris Gilgis.
After success in several rounds, the GCS Quiz Team made it to the final round and eventually achieved a 2nd place finish. The team is already preparing for next year and an opportunity to place 1st. Congratulations GCS Quiz Bowl Team!
The Elementary School at Grace serves Kindergarten through 5th grade. As Christian educators, our first responsibility is to present the Gospel clearly and provide opportunities to understand a Biblical worldview. The curriculum is designed to provide a Biblically-centered, challenging program taught in an age-appropriate manner. Consideration is given to the development and nurture of the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially. Academic standards are raised, but not met or demonstrated in exactly the same manner by all students. Grace Christian School also offers music, art, physical education, computer, library, and other enrichment opportunities.
GCS Scholastic Book Fair — Thank you to each family who supported our very FIRST Scholastic Book Fair. The sale totaled over 6K which will help provide many library books and classroom improvements.
Come out to the GCS Crusader Field and cheer on the Girls Varsity Soccer Team. The team is highly competitive this year and has a chance to compete at the state level later this spring.
GCS has both Middle School and Varsity Baseball this spring. The teams really appreciate having the GCS Family cheer them on as they compete on the Crusader Baseball Field.
GCS is once again offering varsity tennis and has a team of eight young men competing weekly. Come join the students and parents cheer on Crusader Tennis this spring.
THE PURPOSE OF GRACE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL PTF is to develop a positive and welcoming climate for all parents while assisting the administration in meeting its current needs through:
- Advancing the mission and vision of the school and contributing to a positive school culture.
- Facilitating communication between the parents, the Head of School, the administrative, staff, the faculty, and the School Board.
- Encouraging and supporting faculty, staff, and the administration to do their work effectively.
- Promoting academic, spiritual, and social development in our student body.
- Enhancing parental participation.
PTF Officers 2016-17
- President: Cathy Swindell
- Vice President: Donna Cox
- Secretary: Cheryl Clegg
To contact the PTF Officers please email them at PTF email
- Events coming soon!
The Lower School at Grace serves Kindergarten through 5th grade. As Christian educators, our first responsibility is to present the Gospel clearly and to expose our students to a Biblical worldview.
- The curriculum is designed to provide a Biblically-centered, challenging program taught in an age-appropriate manner.
- Consideration is given to the development and nurture of the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- Academic standards are raised, but not met or demonstrated in exactly the same manner by all students.
- Grace Christian School also offers music, art, physical education, computer skills, and library usage.
Sixth through twelfth grades make up the GCS Upper School. The faculty of the Upper School strive to grow each student spiritually, socially, emotionally, and academically.
- The spiritual aspect, created through daily Bible classes, chapels,devotions, Bible studies, and the integration of biblical views by our teachers keeps the focus on Christ.
- The Upper School Curriculum is designed to challenge each student with the Core Courses (Bible, Math, English, History, and Science) and with the numerous electives we offer (Advanced PE, Art, Chorus, Drama, Creative Worship, Spanish, Yearbook/Journalism, and many more).
- Honors are offered and Advanced Placement will be offered again beginning with the 2016-17 school year.
- Faculty sponsored clubs, honor society, and an active student government provide opportunities for service and building relationships.
- An athletic program, seeking to honor Christ, creates the opportunity for a well-rounded student.
The Grace Cafe provides a full-service lunch program on-site for students in the CDC and GCS Programs. The menu is published the month before and students in the Elementary School submit their orders to their classroom teachers. Students in the Middle and High School purchase lunch items a la carte in the cafeteria. For the coming 2016-17 school year lunch orders will be submitted online via RenWeb software.
The following brochure provides information about the Grace Cafe and also about the lunch program for the 2016-17 school year.
Grace Christian School is committed to helping your family continue learning opportunities over the summer months. The following lists represent the reading lists for each program or grade level. In addition, the supply lists are provided to help your family plan for the 2016-17 School Year.
- Summer Reading Grades 3-5
- Elementary — Adventures in Reading — Summer 2016
- Summer Reading – Grade 6
- Summer Reading – Grade 7
- Summer Reading – Grade 8
- Summer Reading – Grade 9
- Summer Reading – Grade 10
- Summer Reading – Grade 11
- Summer Reading – Grade 12
Elementary Supply List